I think that I used too much glue, and as it dried it pulled at the glass and caused stress fractures. But, that's working with glass. As long as I can figure out (or at least theorize) what happened, I can't be disappointed. So, Mr. Owl is set aside for the moment.
On the upside, I did manage to finish the cartoon for the owl panel, and have begun cutting. I'm happy with the pattern, and have happily spent this weekend choosing colors and playing with tones. School has begun, which means that progress on the owl panel will most likely be patchy and slow, as I start work on my thesis, but it will give me a nice outlet from it. I can't go too far until I speak to Grace about reinforcing issues, which will be something new for me, so even though it'll be a playful outlet from heavy thesis stuff, I'll be working on new things at the same time. The finished cartoon measures 24" x 24", and is designed to fit into an old wooden window frame abandoned at work.

No comments:
Post a Comment