Saturday, August 8, 2009

Ok. So I’m new to a few things here. I’ve never kept a blog before, and I’m still new to stained glass and the artistic process as a whole. And as for my main goal--to become a proficient traditional glass painter--well, let’s just say that I have just about as much experience in that as I do in performing open heart surgery.

But, that said, I have a year left before I graduate, and my senior thesis is going to be centered around creating an artistic representation of Dante’s Inferno in stained glass, while incorporating traditional glass painting methods (crap, just typing it out made me nervous). I want to use this blog to record my process from start to finish, so that I have documentation of my utter brilliance and genius…or more like a record of the failures that propel me forward to a finished work. But, knowing my history of procrastination and half-finished projects, I thought I’d get started early, to see if I even have a chance of making a digital record of the process work, so I decided to just start keeping a blog of the projects that I'm currently working on.

No comments:

Post a Comment